One-to-one guidance, support & encouragement
The more skills a youth has, the more choice when looking for a job. The better the job, the better the future. All youth are different and the best options may be to stay in, or get back into, education, training, or work-based learning.
Youth Service helps 16 or 17 year olds who are NEET (not in education, employment or training), or 15 year olds who are no longer attending school (have an ELX from Ministry of Education). Youth Service is delivered by community-based providers who use youth coaches to give guidance, support, and encouragement to help youth find the education, training, or work-based learning that works for them.
Youth coaches use a strength-based approach to help develop an individualised plan to help a young person get to where they want to be.
WORK WITH A FREE YOUTH COACH
A NEET Youth Coach can help:
• look at where you are at and where you want to be
• identify barriers to succeeding at school, in training or in work-based learning
• plan what is needed to get back into education, training or work
• develop an action plan that will help reach goals
• support in school and training
• check achievements
• help if you get off track
• update the plan as things change
• be your go-to person.