What is Drive2Work?
Drive2Work is a FREE 13-week training programme based in Timaru to assist WINZ job seekers into permanent, sustainable employment.
The Y’s skilled Drive2Work staff provide support to search job vacancies, prepare or update your CV, develop your interview and presentation skills — while helping you stay motivated and focussed. Plus, they can help you to improve your employability with:
- Drivers License up to Class 2
- Forklift Endorsement
- OSH Forklift Operators Certificate
- Dangerous Goods Endorsement
- Wheels, Tracks & Rollers Endorsements
- First Aid Certificate
- NZQA Unit Standards and National Certificates, if applicable
Eligibility for the Drive2Work programme is by referral only, so talk to your WINZ caseworker about whether this could be an option for you.