Get where you want to be
The Y’s NEET Youth Service helps 16 or 17 year olds who are NEET (not in education, employment or training), or 15 year olds who are no longer attending school (have an ELX from Ministry of Education). Our youth coach uses a strength-based approach to help develop an individualised plan to help rangatahi get to where they want to be, and to find the education, training, or work-based learning that works for them.
The Y’s NEET Youth Coach can help:
• look where you are at and where you want to be
• identify barriers to succeeding at school, in training or in work-based learning
• plan what is needed to get back into education, training or work
• develop an action plan that will help reach goals
• support in school and training
• check achievements
• help if you get off track
• update the plan as things change
• be your go-to person.
The NEET Service is by referral only.