for Parents & Caregivers of 10-16 year olds
Y•Whānau is a free group programme that helps parents and caregivers to communicate and connect more effectively with their pre-teens and teens ages 10-16 years.
We offer evening programmes for parents, caregivers and/or other significant adults in the teen’s life (e.g. step parents, grandparents) over six 2-hour sessions.
During the Y•Whānau course you’ll learn:
- Adolescent brain development & stages
- Parental styles and roles, support systems, boundaries and self care
- Effective communication tips and tools
- How to actively parent and feel good about your role
- Consequences & choices, & tools to help your teen learn from both
- How to have difficult conversations about sex, drugs and alcohol
Get in touch today, and begin to communicate more effectively and confidently with the rangatahi in your life.